Who We Are
As part of a growing UX team, you will be expected to take part in the research and design of HYFN’s interactive projects. We are looking for someone that owns the user-centered design process, yet knows how to adapt and shape the process for any given situation. Our design and development teams look to UX Designers to lead and provide strategic direction. We want someone who believes that UX design is far more than just doing wireframes—it’s knowing that quality UX comes from interacting with your users, choosing the right methodology, and being able to effectively communicate your results to various audiences.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design intuitive user experiences across a wide variety of projects spanning digital, social, mobile, and responsive interfaces.
- Generate annotated wireframes, prototypes, sketches, storyboards, site maps, mockups, user flows, personas, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs.
- Identify the best ways to organize information on a given site or app.
- Manage UX design projects in a timely fashion with clear goals and accountability.
- Articulate your process through the use of sketches, wireframes, and presentations.
- Run formative and evaluative usability test sessions at different stages of the design life cycle
- 2+ years of UX, IA or/and UI design experience (Note: UX related work experience will be considered in place of a degree if accompanied by an impressive portfolio)
- BA, BS, MA, or MS in HCI, Psychology, Computer Science or a related area
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing interfaces for diverse subject matters and media.
- Expertise in creating a variety of design documentation including (but not limited to) user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, personas, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, wireframes, and prototypes.
- The ability to quickly absorb new business domains.
- Endless curiosity and a constant drive to learn and try new things.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication/presentation skills, and the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams.
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools like Sketch, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure RP, and Adobe Creative Suite.