HYFN is looking for a highly creative, thoroughly organized, veteran in the world of production to help us take our thriving content business to the next level.
First and foremost, this candidate is a Content Producer at heart. At HYFN, Content Producers sit at the center of projects with production components. They are the point of contact for clients, internal team members, vendors and contractors (as needed). Content Producers have intimate working knowledge of photography, videography, securing production talent, large scale productions, negotiating project fees, creating project schedules and budgets, understanding and communicating creative visions, establishing priorities, and managing expectations.
The ideal candidate will blend their years of experience in content production with deep connections in the production industry and help us build a scalable studio model that produces high quality creative for some of the biggest brands in the world.
Sound challenging? It is. But the right candidate will seize this opportunity, get in at the ground floor and help us launch this rocketship.
- Work in partnership with senior leadership from strategy, business development, creative, and production to build a scalable, efficient, and profitable content studio model.
- Help develop the end-to-end process by which content opportunities are handled from pitch to delivery including advising on technology solutions that will make us more efficient.
- Onboard, manage, and ensure profitability of $5M+ in content opportunities in 2019.
- Maintain deep relationships in film, television, and music production in order to be able to quickly activate a wide range of directors, producers, photographers, writers, talent, and locations.
- Manage content projects and all deliverables from concept through post-production.
- Work with account teams to determine content needs, finalize concepts and proposals, and present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for conceptualizing, planning, developing, prioritizing, and implementing a video production schedule, including call sheets, scheduling talent and crew, finding locations, and managing budget.
- Based on approved creative treatment, write overviews and/or prepare storyboards describing the footage, graphics, music/SFX, narration, and dialogue.
- Staff team (contract or permanent) with people of appropriate skill set.
- Create agreements for contract staff and work with Accounting on invoicing and payments.
- Provide best practice consulting and project management to business partners and executives.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously that are in different stages of production and track the unique needs of each project.
- Must be flexible, resourceful, decisive, and proactive.
Bonus Points For:
- Photography/Videography skills are a plus, as depending on the type of creative and budget, the Production Manager may be required to shoot.
- Proficiency in post-production sound editing, color correction, and appropriate selection of sound effects and background music.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and producing content for paid social ads.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of agency experience producing a variety of production shoots.
- Working knowledge of creating project schedules and dependencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proof of strong organizational skills.
- Critical eye for details.
- Quick and creative thinking, hands-on, problem-solver.
- Proactive, motivational, mentoring and encouraging approach.
- Confident, knowledgeable and persuasive presentation skills.
HYFN brings together passionate minds in strategy, creative, technology, and media who have decades of experience in driving brands forward. Our experience tells us that it's never easy, but we love the challenge; it's why we come to work every day. From leadership down, and from our newest employee up, the motivation remains the same: gaining the satisfaction of signing up for the hardest problem and knowing that we have the expertise to figure it out and deliver exceptional results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our HYFN values but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings:
- Excellent health benefits that include medical, dental and vision
- Snack and drinks provided
- Cold brew & Kombucha on tap
- Brand new office in the heart of Silicon Beach
- Team outings and collaboration
- Generous paid time off program
- On-site yoga
- Dog friendly environment
- Profit sharing program