HYFN is looking for a full-time, onsite and highly skilled visual, animation and motion designer to work in our Playa Vista (Los Angeles) office. This role will work collaboratively with a cross-disciplinary team to concept, design, animate and edit visual assets for social and other media. We are looking for a proactive and self-motivated candidate with solid visual, animation and motion graphics capabilities.
Understanding of code, user experience, and game design is a big plus. The Designer will be a member of the creative team, reporting directly to the Group Creative Director.
- Work closely with the creative team on any and all projects tasked
- Participate in creative ideation, strategy and brainstorming when needed
- Come up with big and small ideas that make the difference between good and great work
- Support the Creative Director and account teams in ensuring the work reflects the client’s business and brand requirements
- Translate creative concepts into compelling designs, animatics, animations and motion graphics
- Handle creative revisions to existing creative as needed
- Work closely and collaboratively with team and clients
- Present and explain the concepts, answer questions, communicate changes to team
- Work in small groups and teams in a fast paced environment
- Collaborate with and inspire team members
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously depending on size and scope
- Responsible for managing commitments and workload on a daily basis
- Raise any roadblocks, issues or changes of schedule to team leadership
- Stay current with latest digital, social and technology trends
- At least 2+ years of professional experience creating social content, campaigns, digital products, websites, mobile with a focus on animatics, animation, and motion graphics etc.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro (Cinema 4D or 3D software is plus)
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
- Stellar portfolio demonstrating solid traditional, digital and motion design experience - including a strong understanding of color theory, typography, composition and photo retouching
- Strong understanding of motion theory and principles of animation
- Knowledge of current digital marketing best practices
- Ability to create for a variety of brands, audiences, and client needs
- Desire to learn, grow, and contribute in a creative, collaborative environment
- Interest in experimenting with new technologies; eager to learn including animation and motion integration with web as well as video production
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines with strong project and time management skills
- Be able to take design direction and work with input from our Creative Director
- Capable of articulating and presenting creative ideas
- Be willing to put in the extra time and effort on projects
- Be self-sufficient and able to figure problems out on your own
- Upon project initiation, the Motion Designer ensures that they understand and can execute aspects of the creative vision for the project including concepts and design, both as a whole and how it pertains to their own portion of the work. It is the responsibility of the Motion Designer to be clear on any and all functional requirements, visual style and guidelines, voice and tone, and any accessibility requirements before starting work.
- The Motion Designer is responsible for the daily delivery of motion design assets for the project to which they are assigned and as well as assisting other team members in the execution of their deliverables.
- The Motion Designer is responsible for managing their commitments and workload on a daily basis so they continually meet their milestone goals.
- It is the responsibility of the Motion Designer to raise any potential blockers, issues or changes of schedule to both the ECD, Creative Directors, Art Director and the Senior Producer for the project as well as reporting on project progress to the Art Director the progress of their work on a daily basis.
- The Motion Designer is expected to understand and adhere closely to the visual style and guidelines of the project as well as any wireframes and/or designs that have been created. The Motion Designer is responsible for tracking all iterations of their work, listening, recording all client and internal feedback and incorporating that information in the next round of revisions; at no time should previous changes be omitted or reverted without explicit direction from the client and/or the CD & AD.
- The Motion Designer is responsible for arranging reviews with the CD & AD of all their deliverables before they are handed off to other members of the production team. In some cases he/she may be asked to review the work of their peers.
- The Motion Designer is responsible all projects assigned to them from conception all the way through production and launch to ensure all aspects of the project meet and exceed client expectations.