At HYFN we take great pride in our people—brilliant, fun minds who challenge each other at the table, and the ping pong table, with fervor. We have no time for office politics, spending it instead brainstorming around the campus or testing our puzzle-solving skills in an escape room (we never said we were conventional). With a team like ours, work and play are one and the same.
HYFN is an award-winning group of strategists, human behavior analysts, creators, and amplifiers that thrive on compelling and engaging audiences in meaningful ways. With a quality of service that's second to none, we create partnerships to design and develop cross-platform solutions that meet the demands of an evolving digital culture and diversified media landscape.
The responsibilities of the Media Buyer start with the ability to manage all ad creation, ad publishing, bid updates, budget allocation and analysis of advertiser campaigns across all Social Platforms. The Media Buyer must possess strategic and critical thinking, have an analytical mindset and make data driven decisions based on the client objectives and performance of ads. Acronyms like CPM, CTR, CPC, ATC, CVR, CPA, and ROAS must come as second nature.
The Media Buyer will work closely with Account Directors and Client Service Managers to set and execute on a client’s advertising strategy across multiple digital channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat.
The Media Buyer must be able to relay information and insights in an accurate, clear and concise manner to the Account Director and the client. Based on data and results from advertising campaigns, Media Buyers will be expected to help guide ongoing campaign adjustments in regard to budget reallocation, KPI benchmarks and general strategic direction within our proprietary software called HYFN8.
Media Buyers will be the “Power Users” of HYFN8, spending most of their time working in the platform publishing, optimizing and analyzing trends for advertisers. As such, they will also have to work with the Product and Engineering teams to relay pain points, bugs, feature enhancements, new feature requests and general platform use feedback to help ensure we are constantly improving the usability, workflows and ultimately results in HYFN8.
Media Buyers will work closely with the Client Services Team to ensure all handoff documentation, ticket creation and execution, and account management is accurate, organized and up to date. They will be responsible for setting campaign structure, audience targeting strategy, creative groupings, bid strategy, budget allocation, and ultimately hitting the KPI goals of each campaign.
- 2+ years working in a fast paced environment with quick turnarounds and tight deadlines, ad agency experience preferred.
- Previous experience in account or campaign management or media planning/buying within the digital media industry preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
- Successful candidates are comfortable with day-to-day multitasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority based on client needs.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.