HYFN, one of the fastest growing interactive and social advertising agencies, is seeking an experienced Public Relations professional to lead the agency’s in-house PR efforts. This position requires a mid to senior level communications professional with vision and charisma. Someone who will become the HYFN evangelist, with a mission to grow the agency’s visibility within the advertising industry highlighting the work we do and the wonderful people we do it with. The role calls for a proactive leader, who inspires and builds strong relationships within the HYFN team, with potential clients and industry publications setting HYFN apart as a solution oriented agency that prides itself on delivering compelling results on time, every time.
This candidate will leverage a wide range of skill sets and marketing channels to help promote the HYFN brand. From traditional efforts including high-impact PR campaigns to social media; to submitting key HYFN team members on the best speaking panels. This job will require a jack of all trades in communications. At the end of the day, they will be a exceptional talker, writer and to put it simply, a great story teller. The individual will get to work directly with all departments to help promote the best HYFN stories.
Come join an amazing team of creative professionals, build a marketing department from the ground up, and help us promote the HYFN brand to a new audience of potential clients.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Help promote HYFN’s agency philosophy
- Direct overall PR Program, especially promoting our discipline wins (Media Stories, Technology Stories, Social Stories, Content Stories), Agency accolades, awards, partnerships, hires, etc.
- Oversee HYFN’s site, keeping creative work and content up to date
- Manage on-going case study development and publication to agency’s site
- Oversee the agency social media channels
- Collaborate with agency thought-leaders on press and speaking opportunities
- Leverage HYFN’s diverse team of creative thinkers and regularly seek platforms for us to insert our POV
- Identify and provide support for HYFN’s presence at key speaking engagements
- Build media relationships within these key industry publications and thought leader orgs
- Keep up-to-date media contact lists
- Identify ideal award show opportunities; manage both work submission and judge application process
- Ideate and execute HYFN sponsored events
- Have your finger on the pulse of the industry, aware of happenings, shifts and looking for opportunities to shine the spotlight on HYFN
- Update marketing materials with new branding (i.e case study template, partner newsletter)
- Support product marketing (i.e HYFN8 & N2L, Advertising for Analytics blogs, Product differentiators deck/one-sheets)
- Office artwork / propaganda
- Support HYFN culture, events, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required,
- 3-5 years PR/marketing/communications experience within advertising agency (preferred) or media/entertainment industry or branded entertainment company
- Deep understanding for how to apply marketing strategy to creative and ad supported marketing programs across digital, social, mobile and event marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an eye for design aesthetic
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle assignments and work maintain highly organized, detail oriented work while working within deadlines
- Ability to keep organized files and backup of all jobs
- Strong portfolio showing a range of styles and relevant experience
- Have existing knowledge of the media landscape in L.A. advertising industry
Over the years HYFN has truly come into its own. We’ve established impressively sturdy footholds in what is admittedly an absurd digital terrain to navigate. And it definitely hasn’t been easy. But we’re here now. And without being too bold, we think you should be pretty excited about what you’re a part of. We now know the exact kinds of clients we want to take on. We know the challenges we’re aiming to conquer. The tables we want seats at. And we know more so than anything that the people in this room are the means to make it happen. We’re a diverse bunch of extremely talented, enthusiastic, honest problem solvers who geek out on getting results. We pride ourselves on delivering results. Not overly-exaggerated results. Not kinda-sorta results. Straight up business-goal-achieving, brand-elevating results. Whatever those may be. We live by the mentality that good enough simply isn’t good enough, and that first ideas are never final. (Except when they’re brilliant.) With quick pivots and smart strategies, we help brands win every single day.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.