This role is for a Lead Software Engineer who will be responsible for leading, overseeing, and mentoring a team of 3-4 developers. The Engineer will be responsible for architecting and working directly with the Product Manager to scope out the needed tasks for all engineers. This role is at least 60% hands on. The Engineer will report directly to the SVP of Tech and help guide the technical roadmap and best practices of the product.
- You should be comfortable with the Rails stack and all of the major “Golden Path” libraries.
- You can design SQL schemas, index properly, and to code, diagnose and optimize SQL queries.
- Handling things in serial isn’t always going to fly, so you have experience with task queues and various concurrency strategies.
- We value a great attitude, strong work ethic, the desire to interact with users, and the ability to comprehend and react to ever-changing business needs are a must.
- Work with Product Management, Marketing and Business to define features, priorities and timelines.
Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years of programming with Ruby and related technologies.
- Technical leadership experience
- Proficiency in at least one single page framework - Backbone, React, Ember, Angular, or similar
- Advanced understanding of AJAX frameworks, REST and JSON
- Strong understanding of front-end optimization techniques
- Strong Understanding of object oriented patterns and designs principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with React & Redux
- Experience with Backbone JS
- Experience with Jest testing
- Extensive Experience with Rails
HYFN8 is a multi-platform advertising solution that originated about 3 years ago when we transitioned the platform to a digital advertising tool from a social media moderation product. At that time we were the third ranked company in the world, recognized by Facebook for our social media domain knowledge, and have since expanded our expertise, partnerships, and integrations to include all five major platforms. We have exponentially increased our revenue year after year and look forward to the ways in which we’ll thrive in the future.
The driving force of our success is our development team who has a strong focus on problem solving. The development team practices agile scrum with daily standups, estimation meetings, sprints, retrospectives, and test-driven development. All team members are expected to participate and contribute. We believe that it’s our process and development methodologies that made us who we are and guided our progress through the growth of our product. We strongly believe and practice test-driven development on every level of the tech stack. We are a close-knit team that thinks deeply about each problem and approaches them from multiple angles. HYFN has dedicated teams in Software Development, UX, and Design that shape every aspect of our product. In our free time, you can find us surfing, playing ping pong or darts in the back of the office, running around a soccer field, or simply enjoying the sunset from our beautiful brand new office in Playa Vista.