HYFN is looking for emerging and talented designers to jumpstart their careers as a part of our team in Playa Vista, Los Angeles, CA.
Our internships provide real experience in creating interactive and advertising content as part of an award-winning team—we’re more interested in growing your skills than watching you fetch coffee. And you’ll be learning from the best, working alongside creative professionals whose mastery of craft and hunger for success have driven the growth of HYFN from start-up to a best-in-class agency working with some of the world’s most recognizable brands. If you want to join us and succeed, you must have the same commitment to craft, drive, and ambition. We play to win.
Hard work always pays off, though: You’ll have the opportunity to grow your skills and your portfolio with high level work for major brands and artists, with a path towards a possible role as a full time member of the HYFN team. Our clients demand the most creative and forward thinking work in the field, and we need a designer who can step in and deliver. Internships can last anywhere from 3-8 months—the perfect amount of time to hone your design skills. Ready for the challenge? We’d love to hear from you.
- Designing user interfaces and social content
- Editing designs while maintaining the original style
- Editing and compositing images (Including color correction, cutting out assets, retouching and resizing)
- Supporting greater team with asset production and management
- Maintain creative involvement with projects from beginning to end
- Proficient working in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience using Sketch, After Effects and Keynote (Cinema 4D is a bonus)
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to create simple solutions to complex challenges
- Foundational typography knowledge and skills
- User interface/user experience and design skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to go the extra mile on projects
- Always be willing to learn and have a great attitude
- A self-sufficient problem solver