The Creative Director of Social is an all encompassing role that focuses on three key phases: strategy, execution, and thought leadership. This role will lead and be responsible for all three aspects in order to ensure success with our clients and growth of this discipline both within the organization and externally.
This role requires someone who lives and breathes the social media landscape, applies a consultative approach to client work and practices a collaborative, player-coach management style. As the Creative Director, you will lead a team of savvy, socially native creative strategists, copywriters, designers and motion artists to concept big-picture ideas, analyze data and marketplace trends, derive actionable insights and develop innovative, thumb-stopping creative for all social campaigns.
This role will work directly with media, production and sales teams to ensure creative is aligned at every part of the process. You will also be responsible for maintaining creative relationships with our existing platform partners at Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Snapchat to continue to educate and grow the discipline with new market offerings and best-in-class creative.
- Overseeing social strategy and execution across all clients, taking accountability for growing new and existing business.
- Provide sound business justification for recommendations based on market trends, audience insights, past campaign data and past experience.
- Serve as the foremost expert on social platform consumer behavior, trends and best practices to develop innovative content and strategies delivering across client needs, behaviors and expectations.
- Work with individual account leads to guide our most senior clients towards bold and innovative solutions.
- Proactively identify category, brand, cultural and consumer trends that highlight opportunities for client brand and business.
- Partner with creative, production and account team leads to develop and execute best-in-class brand strategies and social marketing campaigns.
- Partner with leadership team on new business presentations.
- Uncover opportunities for new projects/campaigns across existing clients.
- Lead our creative team to ensure expert translation of social insights into inspiring briefs/ road maps for our clients.
- Oversee the creation of detailed, yet simple presentations that tell compelling stories.
- Act as trusted thought leader who finds the best approach to clearly present data that drives innovation and big-picture idea concepting.
- Share new social creative insights and innovations with the greater HYFN team on a consistent basis.
- BA degree or equivalent work experience required
- At least 7+ years of professional experience creating social content, campaigns, digital products, websites, mobile, etc.
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating solid traditional and digital design experience including social marketing
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Exceptional conceptual thinker & strategist
- Expert knowledge of social platform current best practices, technologies, and creative standards.
- Ability to create for a variety of brands, audiences, and client needs
- Expert in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Expert in After Effects and Motion design (3D software a plus)
- Exceptional understanding of color theory, typography, composition and photo retouching
- Expert understanding of current social technologies and mobile capabilities
- Experience with leading photo and video production
- Expert in Microsoft Office, Keynote, and Google G-Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.