The Interactive Creative Director is an all encompassing role that focuses on three key phases: strategy, execution, and thought leadership. This role will lead and be responsible for all three aspects in order to ensure success with our clients and growth of this discipline both within the organization and externally.
This role requires someone who lives and breathes the digital interactive landscape, applies a consultative approach to client work and practices a collaborative, player-coach management style. As the Creative Director, you will lead a team of savvy, digital creative strategists, copywriters, interactive designers and UX designers to concept big-picture ideas, analyze data and marketplace trends, derive actionable insights and create innovative, industry-leading digital experiences and activations.
This role will work directly with development, production and sales teams to ensure creative is aligned at every part of the process.
- Work closely with the business development and leadership teams to prospect and develop new opportunities for the interactive team.
- Work with creative, UX, tech, ads and strategy to provide detailed estimates for all opportunities, pitches, proposals and SOWs.
- Strategize and develop original campaigns or concepts for web or brand marketing.
- Execute and/or support with design or animation on projects as needed to ensure best possible results are achieved.
- Lead with purpose and identify clear expectations for team members to follow.
- Lead brainstorm sessions and provide strategic thinking, ideas, and suggestions.
- Function as team hiring manager, working within HR process to recruit and acquire talent.
- Act as sounding board, advisor, and therapist to Interactive Design Team.
- Work with team to define and work toward personal and professional goals.
- Work with the Director of Agency Operations to ensure team has the resources, tools, and opportunities to scale our business.
- Work directly with Head of Creative to lead resourcing decision-making and allocation of the team.
- Establish creative strategy, budgets & schedules for interactive design projects.
- Mentor and supervise creative team while challenging and introducing new and innovative methods of creative execution.
- Motivate and influence creative team to constantly strive for excellence in performance.
- Convey and develop overall interactive team design vision by defining group direction and goals.
- Direct, manage and lead interactive designers.
- Manage design processes to ensure timely delivery of designs.
- Provide influencing ideas to enhance department productivity.
- Lead and direct work intake and overall design project assignment process.
- BA degree or equivalent work experience required
- At least 7+ years of professional experience creating digital products, websites, mobile, social content, campaigns, etc.
- 2+ years leading creative team members
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating solid traditional and digital design experience including mobile and desktop
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Exceptional conceptual thinker & strategist
- Expert knowledge of interactive design current best practices, technologies, and UX standards.
- Deep understanding of UX/user centered design
- Experience leading UX designers and teams on various digital projects such as e-commerce platforms, content management systems, responsive websites and mobile applications
- Ability to create for a variety of brands, audiences, and client needs
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Expert in After Effects and Motion design (3D software a plus)
- Exceptional understanding of color theory, typography, composition and photo retouching
- Expert understanding of current technologies and device capabilities
- Extensive experience working directly with development teams using various technologies and code languages
- Experience with leading photo and video production
- Expert in Microsoft Office, Keynote, and Google G-Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.