Innovation is the rallying cry of the interactive industry, and HYFN needs a Senior Software Engineer to help us meet the call. You’ll work with some of the best the industry has to offer in a fantastic environment. Our developers need to be able to take applications from start to finish with minimal oversight. Short deadlines and fluid requirements are the norm, and we need developers that can build maintainable and scalable web applications in spite of that. We work with major brands, and you will need to understand and accommodate their needs while being willing to operate outside your comfort zone. Being plugged in to the interactive community is important to us, and you should have excellent knowledge of the latest trends and technology. Think you’re up to the task? We’d love to hear from you.
- Expert-level knowledge of web development using Ruby, PHP or Python.
- Knowledge of MVC principles and detailed knowledge of at least one MVC web framework, preferably Ruby on Rails.
- Good understanding of relational database essentials. Able to hand code SQL, add proper indexes, etc.
- Understanding of benchmarking, caching strategies, etc. Experience with Memcached, etc.
- Experience with SASS/LESS/Coffeescript/HAML a plus.
- Command line fluency. Comfort with Linux and basic server setup/administration.
- Familiarity with TDD and RSpec or equivalent.
- Ability to anticipate and avoid roadblocks; willingness to to adapt to changing client needs.
- Experience building Facebook platform apps a major plus.
- eCommerce experience a plus.
Send resumes and portfolio links to firstname.lastname@example.org.